Welcome back to my blog series on Clean Beauty! If you missed my previous posts, please hop over and read Clean Beauty: What’s In Your Makeup Products and Clean Beauty Part 2: What I Discovered in My Makeup Products, as they provide some background information on what prompted me to become more mindful about potentially hazardous ingredients in my makeup and personal care products.
*Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning that I will earn a commission from any purchases made through my direct link.*
Towards the beginning of my clean beauty timeline, one particular memory stands out to me. I had just completed my (very minimal) makeup routine, so I was wearing the usuals: mineral powder foundation, blush, mascara, eyeliner, and some neutral eyeshadow with a slight shimmer to it.
I scooped up my 4 month old son and held him close – with his face snuggled up next to mine. Then we walked into the kitchen and the sunlight streaming through the windows highlighted his tiny face, and I could clearly see the glittery shimmer from my makeup on his face.
Somehow that moment impacted me. All the research about ingredients in my products flooded through my brain, and I realized that what I was putting on my skin was impacting my little ones as well. It wasn’t just the quality of my life at stake. It was theirs, too.
So I committed to start looking for replacements that:
- Contained only toxin free ingredients
- Had Zero Waste (or very low waste) packaging
- Was high quality and performed well
As it turns out, it’s very hard to find makeup and skincare that fits all three of those descriptions! I tried several natural makeup brands that had healthy ingredients, but came wrapped in plastic or didn’t perform well at all. Or maybe they were zero waste, but had the typical ingredients with red flags I was trying to avoid.
That’s when I came across CRUNCHI.
Started by a couple of women with a desire to pioneer the Clean Beauty movement, CRUNCHI impressed me from the get-go. Here’s a few reasons why:
- Every single product is toxin-free. Their website states that: “A product is considered toxin-free if it does not contain any ingredients known to cause harm or health hazard based on available ingredient data and research.” CRUNCHI has created a black list of ingredients that will never be in any of their products.
- Conscious Packaging: CRUNCHI has carefully chosen their packaging to reduce plastic wherever possible, opting for glass or paper packaging as a preference. When I received my order, ALL of the packaging was recyclable, and most of my products were in glass containers.
- Cruelty-free and Vegan/Vegetarian: The only animal-based product in any CRUNCHI products is organic beeswax, and no products were tested on animals.
- CRUNCHI products are also Gluten-free, non-GMO, and made in the USA!
So I decided to make the investment and try a product…
And then another…
I was completely blown away by how amazing my skin felt, and then hours after putting my makeup on, I’d glance in the mirror and still feel beautiful and fresh!
I had tried SO many liquid foundations over the years, but I always reverted to a mineral powder foundation because the liquid foundations made my face break out every single time. CRUNCHI’s Beautifully Flawless Foundation stayed put all day and was the perfect coverage, but it felt so light-weight and healthy on my skin. My skin didn’t react to it at all – even when I forgot to wash my face in the evenings! (Real #momlife, anyone with me?)
The Nightlight Facial Cream quickly became part of my self-care routine and was a simple way to feel pampered even after a hard day of momming.
CRUNCHI’s New Mascara is hands down my all-time favorite mascara and the only mascara I’ve ever seen packaged in a glass tube.
I could go on and on, but suffice it to say that I was SO impressed I decided to join CRUNCHI as an advocate! There’s no other company I could so easily promote or so completely vouch for all their products, and the more I’ve learned, the easier it gets. And let’s be real –> I also joined because becoming an advocate allowed me to purchase products at a discounted rate! 😉
If you’re interested in learning more about the clean beauty movement or want to try out some product samples, please drop me a note in the comments below OR email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject line “CRUNCHI”! I would absolutely love to connect with you and hear your story!
To shop CRUNCHI through my link, click here!
*Please note that CRUNCHI is currently only sold within the United States.*